Saturday, January 31, 2015

Why Juice?

Fridays are my day off so I try to get everything in on that day. Laundry, gym, sleeping in, ...
So today after my boot camp and yoga classes at the gym I headed over to Lins Marketplace to buy some produce for our February juice cleanse.  I got a case of gala apples for $39.00! That's .99c/lb!



I found some other great deals too and always go for what's on sale.  I will just have to grow my own herbs since I refuse to spend a couple dollars on 3 sprigs. Maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration but you get the idea.
I always get my carrots there too. I have yet to find a better deal than 25lbs for $14.99! Someone always asks me "what are you going to do with that many carrots?" When I reply with "I'm going to juice them" most people respond with words of encouragement, but I occasionally get the deer in the headlights look.

So, why juice? 
Fresh juice gives our bodies the maximum benefits from our fruits and vegetables. This way we get all the essential fatty acids, carbohydrates, minerals, proteins, and vitamins, etc. from our produce. These nutrients are locked in the fiber of our produce which is expelled from the body. When we juice our produce, the nutrients are released, entering our bloodstream very quickly, and we are able to drink their highly concentrated nutrients. 
Plus we get in the recommended amount of our daily servings of our fruits and veggies! Bonus! 
As with any cleanse at first you may feel tired, or have less energy. Everyone's bodies are different. Whatever you experience remember this is normal! This is your body working hard to get rid of all the toxins! You are on your way to a stronger body and mind free of disease! Soon you will feel so much more energized!

Start with one fresh juice a day and I guarantee you will feel the benefits! 
Juicing is great for all ages, however, we do not recommend anyone under the age of 16 going on a juice fast. Seek medical attention if you experience severe symptoms or are on any medications. Never go off medications cold turkey! For additional information watch the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead

No comments:

Post a Comment