Sunday, January 11, 2015

COLD AND FLU JUICE





I've had a dry unproductive cough for almost a month straight. It started as a cold but then quickly traveled down to my lungs and decided to simply camp out there. I felt like I had a tickle in my lungs/throat that just wouldn't go away!

So I got this recipe from my dear friend who swore by it and decided to make enough for me to drink for a couple days.

By the next day I was coughing up stuff (gross, but yay!!) and the cough turned productive! (Coughing is one of the many ways your body tries to rid itself of impurities, viruses, and excess mucous. So a productive cough, although uncomfortable, should not be suppressed but rather encouraged!)  By day 3 I was over it. I didn't take any supplements, didn't do a cleanse, didn't change or omit anything from my diet... all I did was drink a quart or two of this juice for 3 days. Incredible to say the least.

It's got a semi strong aftertaste- but is still very sweet at delicious! I didn't have to plug my nose or chug it down with a chaser which was a bonus. Just simply sipped on it all day:)

RECIPE:
1 pineapple
2 lbs carrots
4 apples
3 cloves garlic
1- 2" inches of ginger (eyeball it)

Juice in your preferred blender. (I use the Jack LaLanne Blender)


THE SCIENCE BEHIND IT (from what I gather- I'm no doctor)

*Pineapple & Carrots are high in Vitamin C and help alkalize your body.
*Apples are cleansing and also help with your PH levels
*Garlic is antiviral/antibacterial. 3 cloves (not bulbs!) just cloves, of garlic is = to one dose of penicillin without the nasty side effects! 
*Ginger is an expectorant and great for the respiratory tract. It's also great for the tummy and aids in digestion.

If you know of any other cough/cold juicing recipes let us know in the comments!

- Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment