Monday, February 23, 2015
Raw Peanut Butter Chocolate Cream Pie
This is one of those desserts where you can convince even your non-healthy eating friends to join us all on the healthy food side!
It's so good my brother in law had actual dreams about it after he went to bed!
Yup. It's THAT good!!
YOU WILL NEED:
Mini Muffin Pan (for the peanut butter cups)
1 Pie Crust (for the recipe click here) <<< It's simple- just 2 or 3 ingredients
PEANUT BUTTER BOTTOM:
Raw Peanut Butter (or healthy store bought alternative if you don't know how to make your own)
2 cups of cashews (soaked for 2 hours) <<< soak them while you make your crust, peanut butter bottom, and peanut butter cups.
2 Tbsp raw maple syrup
1 heaping Tbsp cocoa powder
Peanut Butter Cups (for the recipe click here) <<< It's a simple 4 ingredient process
1. Make your crust per the crust instructions.
2. Fill the bottom of the crust with a 1/2 to 1 inch layer of raw peanut butter.
3. Strain your cashews and put them in a blender. Add the rest of the cream filling ingredients and blend on high speed until creamy.
4. Pour the chocolate cream filling into your pie tin on top of the peanut butter layer and spread around evenly. You may have leftovers which is wonderful because that means you get to treat yourself!
5. Cut up your previously made peanut butter cups and sprinkle them on top of your cream filled pie.
6. Put in the freezer for 2 hours to set. Serve cold.
Will last about a week in the fridge or 2 to 3 weeks in the freezer.