"An apple a day keeps the doctor away."
Happy Valentines Day! Since February is healthy heart month we figured it would be perfect to spotlight apples!
Apples are one of nature's most healing foods and medicine in one. All over the world apples are currently being used for healing. In Spain, Turkey and India they are used for a laxative. In Canada, Austria and Russia they are applied to warts. The Chinese use them for parasites, sleeplessness, gas and fevers. Other places use them as a bactericide.
Streptococcus bacteria cannot live in apple juice.
- Apples contain pectin, which can be used to remove heavy metals from the body such as lead, mercury, arsenic and copper. Pectin is also used to reduce blood.
- Apples assist in food digestion and neutralize an acidic body.
- Freshly squeezed apple juice can reduce the acidity of the stomach.
- In countries where unsweetened apple juice is used commonly, kidney stones are unheard of.
- If your children want a bedtime snack, give them an apple, which will leave their teeth clean from the gentle acids in the fruit.
- Apples are an excellent source of potassium, Vitamin C, pectin, beta-carotene, and contains calcium, iron, magnesium, and fiber among other nutrients. Almost half of the vitamin C content is just under the skin--so be careful if you peel the skin!
- Apple Cider Vinegar is made out of fermenting apples naturally. The daily use of apple cider vinegar can heal many human ailments.